autumn is here! and for me, the ultimate autumn flavor is apple-cinnamon. i don’t know why, it’s just something about the mixture of the two that makes me want to curl up in a blanket with a good book and a cup of tea while listening to the sound of rain. and you know what could make the apple-cinnamon picture complete?? an apple and cinnamon scented candle, apple and cinnamon tea or… one of these muffins? :) (or someone giving you a back rub with an apple&cinnamon massage bar haha)
what you’ll need:
1 big apple + 2 tsp cinnamon
160g ground rolled oats + 1 tbsp whole rolled oats
4 tbsp ground walnut
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tbsp honey
150ml almond milk (or any plant milk)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. preheat the oven to 180C
2. peel and dice the apple into small pieces. put in a bowl and mix with 2 tsp of cinnamon. set aside.
3. mix all the dry ingredients well, then add the eggs, honey and milk. mix with a hand held mixer. set aside for 5-10mins to let the oats soak up the liquids a bit. then carefully mix in the apples.
4. line the muffin tray with baking paper and fill with the batter. don’t overfill the cups, the muffins will rise a bit.
5. you can top the muffins with whatever you like, i used ground hazelnuts and cocoa nibs.
6. bake for 25-30mins.
7. enjoy with a nice cup of tea and a good book ;)