lately i’ve been cooking a lot of stuff with avocado and i must say, it’s really kind of a revelation for me! today i want to share a recipe with you that i have been absolutely loving. and the great thing is, it can be used in various ways and with various different ingredients.
so for the cream you’ll need:
– an avocado (or 2 if you’re cooking for more people. and make sure they are ripe)
– sun dried tomatoes
– a clove of garlic (optional)
– sunflower seeds (or pine nuts if you’re willing to pay a bit more)
– a spoon of olive oil
– various spices (salt, pepper, chili, thyme, rosemary….)
put them all in a food processor or mix it with a hand-held blender till it gets to the desired consistency. i personally like when the sunflower seeds are a still in little pieces, which gives the cream a bit of a crunch.
but this is all very adaptable to one’s taste. avocado is the base and you can mix whatever you wish with it and make your own recipes!
these are the 3 ways in which i use the avocado creme:
1) with cooked quinoa
– i usually add various vegetables to it. you can also add meat, depending on your preferences. give it all a stir in the pan.
2) with zoodles
3) as little zucchini and avocado appetizers
– the other day a couple of friends and i were cooking in pairs. there were 3 pairs, one for each course, appetizers, main course and dessert. one friend and i got the appetizers, so we thought we could make little zucchini and avocado bites.
so, this is what you have to do;
cut one zucchini into round slices (preferably a thicker zucchini, so it doesn’t get too difficult to make) and quickly fry them in the pan (with coconut or the oil of your choice)
spiralize the other zucchini and give it a stir in the pan for the zucchini to become softer.
then take one zoodle and make a little “nest” with the round slice as the base.
then put the avocado cream in the middle and voila!
we decorated it with a bit of dill and thick balsamic vinegar.
i hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as i do. but don’t just restrict yourself to this one, be creative, experiment! and let me know how it goes!