this summer while i was in new york, i ended up in this restaurant in the flatiron district called “la pecora bianca”. at that time they served the most perfect dark chocolate mousse for dessert. and ooooh my. it was the best mousse i’ve ever tasted! it was to die for. i didn’t let the bowl leave my hands for the entire thing. one of the waiters saw me clutching the bowl and he immediately understood what i was going through. we agreed that the perfect description for it would be “i want to take it home, to my bed, light up lots of candles and eat it while watching a kathrine heigl movie”.
so i tried to make my own recipe for it, but with a twist.
what you’ll need:
– 240g dark chocolate (i used the 70% lindt one)
– 240ml freshly squeezed orange juice (keep the shells – you can use them as bowls for the special effect ;) )
– 2 tbsp honey
– 2 avocados
1. melt the chocolate in a pan with the orange juice and honey until well combined, then set aside.
2. whisk the avocados until they form a smooth, creamy paste.
3. mix the chocolate mixture with the avocados and put in the fridge for an hour to cool down.
4. after it has cooled down the consistency will be firm and divine creamy. you can then split the mixture into bowls, orange shells or just eat it out of the bowl you made it in.