so i had a bunch of dried lavender… and i wanted to try to make something edible out of it ;)
here’s a recipe for a nice, summer tasting breakfast – the lavender oats.
(i’m currently traveling through the usa, so make sure you follow me on instagram to see all the places i’m visiting and the food i’m eating)
– a handful of lavender (pictured below)
– 200ml almond milk
– 4 tbsp oats + 2 tbsp oats for the crunchy topping
– 2 tsp honey + 1 1/2 tsp for the crunchy honey topping
– as many fruits as you want!
– put the lavender and the milk in a pot and cook, while gently stirring, on higher flame until it boils, then lower the heat and cook for another 10mins.
– take the lavender out with a sieve
– add 4 tbsp oats and 2 tsp honey to the milk and cook until the mix thickens. after it got the desired consistency, pour into a bowl and let it cool down a bit.
– meanwhile, fry the rest of the oats (2 tbsp) on a pan with 1 1/2 tsp honey until they become golden brown, then sprinkle over the cooked oats.
– top with as much fruit as you wish!