the lovely people over at feinkostundwein.de were nice enough to let me test some of their products – the ones that i especially liked are these three – pate’ bomba del salento, pate’ di olive nere and pate’ di pomodori secchi! and i decided to make a tasty little treat that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, snack or at any given time actually, if you ask me ;)
what you’ll need:
– 150g quinoa
– the lovely pate’ selection mentioned above (sun-dried tomatoes pate, black olives pate and a spicy pate made out of peperoncini)
– 2 bigger slices of goat’s cheese
– 2 eggs
– handful of grated parmesan cheese
– in a pot cover the quinoa with boiling water so that the water level is about 2cm over the quinoa. let it cook until all the water evaporates. then set aside to cool down.
– after the quinoa has cooled down, add the 2 eggs and the parmesan and mix until all the ingredients are well mixed! season to your liking – i actually only used salt and pepper.
– preheat the oven to 200C
– cut the goat’s cheese in cubes
– make the balls as shown on the picture below!
– pop them in the oven for about 45mins or until they become golden and crispy!
enjoy while still warm! :)