these are pure perfection for a summer day! the currant is sour and the banana is sweet… perfect for a little snack in the shades :)
(i’m currently traveling through the usa, so make sure you follow me on instagram to see all the places i’m visiting and the food i’m eating)
what you’ll need:
– 150g rolled oats
– 3 ripe bananas
– 70g red currant
– 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
– preheat the oven to 150C.
– on a tray with baking paper spread the currant and make holes in the skin with a fork. put them in the oven and let them dry for 15mins. (this depends on the oven, you don’t need to dry them entirely, just so they’re not filled with water)
– in a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and add the oats. mix until the mixture is even. if it does’t mix well, add in a sip of plant based milk.
– when the currant is done, mix them in with the rest. (and turn up the oven to 180C)
– form the cookies and put them on a tray with baking paper.
– bake in the oven for 20-25min.