i am a huge fan of sweet potato. HUGE fan. sweet potato is everything. healthy comfort food, goes well as a salty meal and is perfect for making desserts. i just can’t praise it enough.
so here is what i came up with the other day – and it was yummy!
what you’ll need:
2 sweet potatoes
50g field salad
1 package of mozzarella (ca. 100g)
juice of half a lime
handful of almonds (i used almond flakes)
1 tsp honey
– cut the sweet potato in halves and season them with some oil, salt and pepper. i also used rosemary and thyme. preheat the oven to 180C and bake them until they become soft.
– in the meantime chop up the avocado, paprika and mozzarella and mix them with the field salad season with the lime juice, some balsamic, salt and pepper.
– after taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven, let them cool down a bit before scraping the middle out with a spoon. then, cut up the scooped sweet potato and add it to the salad mix.
– fill the sweet potato boats with the salad mix
– in a pan, roast the almonds for about a minute before adding the honey. then stir for another minute and sprinkle over the salad.