if you need some healthy gluten-free crisp in your life – this is it! and with some sweet and sour dip on the side all your wishes will be fulfilled. oh the crunchy goodness.
what you’ll need:
– 12 round rice papers
– 1 zucchini
– 2 medium carrots
– 2 handfuls of soy sprouts
– 6-7 big kale leaves
– 1 small hot chilli paprika (optional)
– some fresh ginger
– coconut oil
– 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter
– 1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 3 tbsp curry powder
– dice the ginger, chilli and kale, spiralize the carrots and zucchini (or cut into stripes if you don’t own a spiralizer). fry the mixture in a pan until soft. season to your liking, i used salt and cayenne pepper! set aside.
– in a small bowl mix the peanut butter, curry powder and soy sauce. mix until even and add water to reach the desired consistency.
– preheat the oven to 220C
– add a little bit of cold water on a plate and soak the rice paper (each one separately!). i used two plates and while i was wrapping one roll, the rice paper for the next one was soaking. the rice paper should be soaked for about 40 seconds, until it softens. then take it out of the water and place on another plate, add the vegetable mix to the centre and sprinkle some of the peanut sauce in the middle. wrap up and tuck the ends under the roll. place on a sheet of baking paper.
– after all the rolls are complete, glaze them with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkle with sesame.
– pop in the oven for about 30mins. check them regularly. take out when the rice paper becomes crispy.